One question many homeowners have when they do decide to hire a housekeeping company is how often they need their home cleaned. This decision depends on what do you need to be cleaned.
One good approach to deciding how often you need a Part Time Maid is to determine the tasks you will need or expect your housekeeper to complete. From here, you and your maid can determine how frequently service is needed.
If you need help with basic tasks like laundry, vacuuming, dusting, and dishes, might mean you should lean more towards a daily or similar schedule. Just need the bathrooms cleaned and the linens changed? Weekly a few times may work best.
Finding it difficult to complete the more time-consuming tasks such as washing windows and walls or cleaning the attic or oven? Monthly may be the best option for your lifestyle. If you feel you need a Part Time Maid on a less consistent basis, you may choose to hire a housekeeper on an ad-hoc basis. Perhaps for a special occasion, a post-renovation clean up, or around the holidays, when you are strapped for time or are expecting family and guests.
What’s your Budget
If the budget prevents you from choosing the best frequency for your needs, not to worry. There are lots of ways to make sure you make the best of the time you have your Part Time Maid. Some of these include:
- Make a list of the cleaning tasks that are most important to you. This way, the most pressing items get taken care of first, while the less critical items can be saved for another time
- Alternate the tasks that get done. If you have your Part Time Maid visit twice per week, consider rotating the tasks you have them complete. For example, you could have them clean the main bathroom one week and the powder room and kitchen the next, etc.
Make the Most of your Budget
Preparing for your Part Time Maid to arrive can save both of you time in the long run. This can be a controversial topic as you may be thinking “why am I cleaning before my housekeeper arrives? Isn’t that why I’ve hired her?” Yes, and no. Making your housekeeper’s job easier, means they will have more time to complete tasks. Here are some examples:
- Bringing the laundry to the laundry room and sorting it
- Picking up toys and clothing off the floor for easy mopping and vacuuming
- Making cleaning supplies easily accessible (if your housekeeper is not bringing their own)
Still Not Sure?
If you’re still unsure which frequency is right for you, speak to us & we will set up your Part Time Maid on a trial period. Perhaps you can start with a weekly once service and if you feel as if it’s too much or too little, you can scale back or increase the frequency of the service.
Remember, the Part Time Maid usually take 1 or 2 visits to get the house in order & at the level of Cleanliness that you desire. Subsequent visits are easier to maintain the order & Hygiene.